The School of Engineering houses the three traditional Engineering Departments in Makerere University. Our vision is to be the leading school in Engineering Education and Research innovations. Our mission is to graduate engineers who are well founded in engineering fundamentals, blended with the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior, and are prepared to meet the market technical challenges and the needs of the society.
We are committed to:
- Supporting excellence, innovation and cross-disciplinary initiatives in teaching and research.
- Encouraging opportunities for our students to grow beyond their chosen disciplines by participating in industry-sponsored projects, exchange programs, and research activities.
- Providing an academic environment conducive to our staff achieving the highest levels of academic and research excellence.
- Continuing to be the top engineering school in the region.
- Providing national leadership in undergraduate and graduate engineering education.
The School offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in various engineering disciplines consisting of civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Below is a list of undergraduate programmes offered under the School of Engineering
Our staff constitute some of the best and most respected in Africa in their respective fields. They are dedicated to teaching, research, and services to the university and society. Our programs are regularly reviewed by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) whose criteria are in conformance with the Washington Accord.
Engineering is a field of its own. It is challenging, demanding and time-consuming. Above all, it is rewarding and providing its practitioners with an opportunity to serve the society. If you are considering joining this important field, our engineering family at Makerere University will offer you with the best knowledge and skills.