The course will cover a comprehensive survey of historical and contemporary trends of the graphic design and , History of aesthetics, popular culture, technical innovations art and design movements, important designer through the periods . Contemporary styles, methods and systems today are explored, through Visual research, electronic and library surveys. Students will carry out analysis and presentations about the theory and practice of Design. The course guides students to understand relationship of the graphic design profession and socio-cultural, political, economic and technological developments. Students will undertake projects to discover own creativity, self expression within the visual communication. The course will stressing critical thinking for developing creative concepts, professional responsibilities and developmental processes and procedure that can lead to working in practical word.
The course will enable students to be able to:
- comprehensive survey of the major trends historical and contemporary trends of the graphic design practice , technical innovations art and design movements
- Investigating the Contemporary styles, methods and systems
- Demonstrate understanding relationships and influences of socio-cultural, political, economic and technological development to how this affects the graphic design practice and profession.
- Analyze and present in oral and written, the theory knowledge of concepts, professional responsibilities and developmental processes influencing working in practical word
- Demonstrate through projects, the visual research, own creativity, self expression.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MAF 7110 History Of Graphic Design||DOC|