The ceramics degree programs are studio-based and hands-on. MTSIFA students excel in our studios; exploring diverse media and applying new techniques while immersing themselves in the practice and culture of art and design. Ceramics practice course engage students to crucial studio knowledge and experience in a variety of critical art making practices, media and processes, both traditional and contemporary pottery and ceramics. The course investigates ceramic surfaces, treatments and the interface of the ceramic form. The understanding of traditional and local clay sources and related materials allowing experimentation and diverse processes to achieve an appropriate fired surface for function and a means of creative decorative and expressive imagery.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Acquire advanced skills in the management execution of the ceramic design process both within a studio and industrial environment.
- Manage ceramic projects that require design and ceramic material development.
- Use the knowledge acquired to be leader in the development and production of ceramic products.
- Manage and ensure the development of ceramic ideas, so as to improve feasibility and new ceramics profiles and installations.
- Use ceramics as a medium of communications both on the local and international arenas.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MAF 7135 Independent Study- Ceramics I||DOC||PS|