|Name:||Eleanor Nowe Bageine|
|Date of Birth:||23rd January 1987|
|Postal Address:||P.O Box 6244 Kampala, Uganda|
About me: I am a very determined self-starter/initiator and also a goal driven person with experience in property valuation and management. I like to plan, set goals and work my way towards achieving them. Every day is a new day for me with fresh challenges and fresh experiences to learn from. I love to learn and always work towards bettering myself and being the best I can be.
|1993 – 1999||P.L.E||Buganda Road Primary School|
|2000 – 2003||U.C.E||Gayaza High School|
|2004 – 2005||U.A.C.E||Makerere College School|
|2006 – 2010||BSc. L.M.V||University of Dar es Salaam|
|2012 – 2013||MSc. R.E||University of Reading|
Professional Body Memberships:
- Graduate Member of Institute of Surveyors of Uganda (ISU).
- Student Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) currently doing my Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) to be a registered surveyor.
|Fourth Year Dissertation:||Emergence of Gated Communities in African Cities. A Case Study of Kampala, Uganda.|
|Fourth Year Research Project:||An Evaluation of Governments Efforts Towards Creating a Conducive Environment for Sustainable Housing Finance in Tanzania.|
|Third Year Research Project:||Effect of Large Commercial Developments on their Immediate Neighbourhoods. A Case Study of Mlimani City, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
September 2013 – Date Assistant Lecturer
Employed to teach within department of Construction, Engineering and Management taking on Micro-Economics for Surveyors, Real Property Law, Urban and regional planning, Construction Materials, Land Economics and Real Estate Valuation I and thus practicing teaching and sharing knowledge as well as supervision of final year project students. This harnessed my knowledge and skills theoretically and practically.
October 2011 – October 2012 Teaching Assistant at Makerere University
- Employed to provide assistance with Construction Materials, Land Economics and Real Estate Valuation I and thus practicing teaching and sharing knowledge. This harnessed my knowledge and skills theoretically and practically.
January 2011 – Date Valuation Surveyor at Bageine and Company Limited
- Employed full time carrying out property valuation and management tasks assigned.
- Took the initiative to start and run an internal valuation databank that served as a benchmarking tool and was greatly appreciated by my colleagues that continue to use it even in my absence.
- Spearheaded a project in data management to digitalize and organize all the company documents in order to streamline and ease work processes and activities for all staff to enable them produce better results and service to clients.
- Physical inspection of all property types including residential, commercial, industrial, leisure, institutional and special purpose.
- Researched, recorded and analysed market data then presented findings to the client(s) in a report.
- Review and execution of contracts and leases maintaining good relationships with both the Landlord and Tenant(s)
- Rent collection
- Reported and updating the Landlord on all important matters arising that require their attention including maintenance, staffing and contract related issues.
July 2007 – August 2007 and January 2009 – December 2010 Part Time Internships at Bageine and Company Limited
- Carried out inspections on my own. This involved taking pictures, measurements and recording all necessary information.
- Attended company meetings and understand the social and professional processes within the workplace to prove myself as a potential member of the team.
- Developed essential networks with other professionals outside the workplace through various social events.
May 2008 – July 2008 Intern at Byokusheka and Company
- Learnt valuable skills in property valuation and about the property market in Uganda and the basic concepts considered in property valuation and how to apply them.