Dean, School of Engineering, College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT), Makerere University. Also, Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering & Researcher with netLabs!UG that seeks to be a leader in collaborative research, development and solutions on innovative telecommunication and networking technologies, strengthening the innovation ecosystem in Uganda and across East Africa. Adjunct Member of Faculty, Institute of Technology Carlow, Ireland.
Director of Innovation, Resilient Africa Network (RAN) hosted by Makerere University. Supported by USAID, RAN is a multi-disciplinary network of 18 Sub-Saharan African universities that seek to identify, develop and scale innovative solutions to strengthen resilience of African communities.
Member, Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE), and registered by Engineers Registration Board (ERB). Served as UIPE President 2016-2018. Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and have served on the 2017 – 2019 IEEE Ad Hoc Committee on Africa (AHCA).
Founder, Women of Uganda Network (WOUGNET) whose mission is to promote and support the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) by women and women organizations in Uganda.
Recognized with a number of international and national awards over the years including as ‘Top ICT Woman – Uganda ICT Excellence Awards 2009’ organised by the Uganda ICT Forum. Featured in 12 Top Technology People in East Africa who are technologists with a social twist by Enterprise Technology Magazine, September 2012. Received the Women Achievers Award 2012 for enhancing women’s empowerment through Science & Technology presided over by H.E. Yoweri Museveni, the President of Uganda. In November 2013, 1st recipient of Africa’s first Digital Woman Award at ICT Days in Cameroon. In 2014, selected as Vital Voices Fellow for distinguished emerging and established women leaders who promote women and girls’ progress.
- Ronald Lukanga, Georginah. K. Ayebare, Claire Najjuuko, Edwin Mugume, Dorothy Okello (2021): Leveraging TV White Spaces for Rural Broadband Connectivity. Link
- Sheila Mugala; Dorothy Okello; Jonathan Serugunda (2021) Coverage and Rate Analysis of a UAV Enabled Heterogeneous Network. Link
- Claire Najjuuko; Georginah K. Ayebare; Ronald Lukanga; Edwin Mugume; Dorothy Okello (2021): A Survey of 5G for Rural Broadband Connectivity. Link
- Jonathan Serugunda, Dorothy Okello (2021): Development of the Protocol for Inter-Autonomous Systems Routing in Software Defined Networks. Link
- Godfrey Kibalya, Joan Serrat, Juan-Luis Gorricho, Dorothy Okello, Peiying Zhang (2020): A deep reinforcement learning-based algorithm for reliability-aware multi-domain service deployment in smart ecosystems. Link
- Fred Kabi, Denis Kayima, Abasi Kigozi, Eric Zadok Mpingirika, Ronald Kayiwa, Dorothy Okello (2020): Effect of different organic substrates on reproductive biology, growth rate and offtake of the African night crawler earthworm (Eudrilus eugeniae). Link
- Diarmuid Ó Briain, David Denieffe, Dorothy Okello, Yvonne Kavanagh (2020): Enabling models of Internet eXchange Points for developing contexts. link
- Andrew Katumba, Moses Bomera, Cosmas Mwikirize, Gorret Namulondo, Mary Gorret Ajero, Idd Ramathani, Olivia Nakayima, Grace Nakabonge, Dorothy Okello, Jonathan Serugunda (2020): A Deep Learning-based Detector for Brown Spot Disease in Passion Fruit Plant Leaves. Link
- Sheila N. Mugala, Dorothy K. Okello, Jonathan Serugunda (2020): Leveraging the Technology of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Developing Countries. Link
- Susan Babirye, Jonathan Serugunda, Dorothy Okello, Stephen Mwanje (2020): Resource-Aware Workload Orchestration for Edge Computing. Link
- PENZENSTADLER, B., DUBOC, L., HEBIG, R., DEARDEN, Andrew, KANAGWA, B., CHAUDRON, M., BAINOMUGISHA, E., UMUHOZA, E. and OKELLO, D. (2020). Raising awareness for potential sustainability effects in Uganda: A survey-based empirical study. Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Sustainable Systems co-located with 27th International Conference on Requirements Engineering, 2541.
- Joint Impact Assessment of CTA’s support to WOUGNET (2003-2013).
- Hambly Odame Helen, Okello Dorothy (2019). Expanding the reach and benefits of digital agriculture. ICT Update (92). Link
- Dorothy Okello, Gerald Budigiri, Godfrey Kibalya, Proscovia Nakisozi, Patricia Atungire (2019): The Case for Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Femtocell Networks to solve the Hidden Node Problem. Link