The course is vital for the introduction of the student to the basics of space perception and appreciation in architectural design. The course work will consist of three projects. The design problems will grow in complexity and include exploring the design of a complex object, design of a space and of an artifact to accommodate a body posture.
- To enable the student to develop Notational and observational skills.
- To make student understand Anthropometry and ergonomics in relation to complex objects.
- Through exploratory studies and design exercises to analyze functional spaces and define implied space.
- To understand and define interactive space.
- To understand the relevance of the human dynamics(anthropometrics and ergonomics) in the design of space.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|ARC1101 Architectural Design Portfolio I||DOC||PS|