The course named Art Appreciation (IFA 1206) aims at exposing the students to the many aspects of the visual arts in order to get them more acquainted with the rich and diverse nature of art and architecture.
The appreciation of the visual arts is intended to help develop a deeper and meaningful understanding of the elements of art and the principles of design with the intention of understanding how art works are capable of visual communication .Developing a personal style in critical analysis and appreciation of works of art will involve learning the language of Art while exploring the various types of art and their media through the study of significant selected art from the Ancient times to the present.
After completing the course students will be able to:
- Analyse art with the eyes of an art historian through:
- Identifying and appreciating any work of art or architecture.
- Understanding the general cultural, political and socio-religious context in which the art works were created.
- Creative thinking, objective criticism, independent explorative inquiry and judgment.
- Develop written linguistic skills and enhance oral skills and ability to present opinions and views in a discussion.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|IFA 1206: Art Appreciation||DOC||PS|