Advertising Design course combines the creative mind and the logic mind into an innovative form of communication that brings forth the television ads we cannot forget, the billboards that intrigue us, the compelling radio spot that moves us, the print adverts, and so many more forms of public communication.
This course includes two and three dimensional problems related to graphic communication. It covers conceptualization, visualization and the mechanics of perception of art for reproduction,
mastery and growth in both works and public appreciation. Design strategies, sketches, prepress design and computer aided works, presentation of designs.
The course will focus on providing an informative initiation to the discipline of graphic communication. It includes demonstration of traditional as well as digital techniques. This course will instruct students in graphic design skills employing tools, material and procedures used in communication art field.
Study of the principles and concepts of layout and design as applied to a variety of advertising and graphic design assignments: ads, brochures, logos, stationery, posters, and sales promotion material etc.
At the conclusion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use correctly most of the special terms used in the fields of advertising and printing.
- Be able to design original layouts within the specifications and limitations supplied.
- Be able to indicate lettering, illustrations and photographs for in a comprehensive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate the use of good design and composition principles in solutions to assigned problems.
- Have an improved understanding of the various techniques and skills required to produce advertising designs and other graphic communications.
- Know how to use a variety of specialized tools and mechanical aids to produce drawings and designs including the use of the computer as a graphics tool.
- Have developed skills for quick sketching and visualizing ideas and quick sketching in graphic form.
- Have developed a sense of aesthetics, taste and proportion in relating the elements of a design.
- Understand the creative advertising processes and employment of advertising skills using various media.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills for visual communication.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|IFA 2126 Advertising Design||DOC|