This course outline will in take care of Art and Architecture from the medieval period through Rococo; Principles of Art/Design and as applied to varied Artworks and the Study plus analysis of Art pieces as a result of style, geographical/ Historical positions, purpose and Iconography .
By the end of this course, Students should be able to:
- Articulate the Principles of Art and Design
- DefinethePrinciplesofArt/Design;Balance,Proportion,Emphasis,Rhythm,Harmony,Uniy,Mo vement and Variety
- Establish the differences between the Byzantine mosaics and Roman
- Subject the Gothic Architecture to Principles of Art Design with specific reference to “Reims Cathedral.”
- “Write about the Venetian School.”
- List and Discuss the four R.S” that governed the renaissance architecture
- Watch a Movie/Film “AMADEUS”- ( Before, during, and after the Baroque period- influences).
- Show how Caravaggio secularized religious art
- Read about Bernini,s “Ecstasy of st. Theresa
- Discuss Borromini,s “Fa?ade, San Cario alle Quattro Fontane”.
- Apprise Rubens’ “Descent from the cross”
- Write about Rembradts, Early and late styles in Painting
- Analyze Watteau,s “Pilgrimage to Cythera.”
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Principles And History Of Art II IFA 2203||DOC||PS|