This course focuses on the revolutionary movements in European Art with emphasis on Baroque, Rococo and contemporary trends.
The objectives of this course include:
- To explore the various revolutionary movements that impacted on European art from the 17th century to the early 20th century
- To identify the characteristics each movement
- To identify the famous artists and artworks done during this period.
- Articulate Vikings activities and or influences.
- Write about Romanesque At and Architecture with specific references to “Cathedral Group at Pisa”/” “Leaning Tower”.
- Name and discuss Gothic architecture with specific reference to “Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France.
- Write about Renaissance painting with specific reference to “The School of Athens by Raphael”.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Western Art: Medieval through RococoIFA 2105||DOC||PS|