This course focuses on fundamentals of electrical engineering, circuit analyses of simple electrical systems (DC & AC), single and three phase supplies, basic electrostatics and electromagnetics.
- To provide students with basic knowledge or fundamentals in Electrical Engineering mainly laws, principles and Theorems.
- To introduce students to circuit analyses of simple electrical systems by being able to draw electrical circuits and determine electrical quantities of real systems under different system conditions.
- To predict behaviour or performance of electrical systems/circuits under both transient and steady state conditions
- To enable students acquire diagnostic skills in identifying electrical faults (fault tracing) electrical tests and troubleshooting simple electrical equipment.
- To provide students with knowledge in magnetic circuits which form a basis for understanding of electrical machines.
- To provide students with basic knowledge in electrostatics to enable them appreciate the electrical safety in buildings mainly Lightning Protection.
- To equip students with basic knowledge in electrical safety in buildings and measures taken to enhance it.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV1203 Electrical Engineering||DOC||PS|