This course introduces students to aspects conceptualization, planning, designing, supervision and maintenance of roads. The students requires to have skills and knowledge about road construction materials, mixture design and structural design aspects for flexible and rigid pavements, drainage and maintenance using machine and labour based methods.
- Conduct and analyze data from test methods used to assess materials used in road construction.
- Independently use various standard approaches in planning and designing of paved and unpaved roads.
- Understand the causes of deterioration and hence poor performance of roads.
- Understand the methods used to assess road condition.
- Undertake design and evaluate maintenance of surface and subsurface drainage.
- Develop road maintenance and rehabilitation plans.
- Oversee implementation of maintenance and rehabilitation plans of roads.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV3103 Highway Engineering||DOC||PS|