The course deals with design principles of steel members and connections that are used in Civil infrastructure under different possible modes of loading.
- Create appreciation of the importance of steel as a structural material
- Create appreciation of the shortcomings of steel and how to overcome them
- Design various structural steel elements (tensile, compressive, bending members)
- Design steel member connections, both bolted and welded
- Read at ease BS 5950 Part 1 and the CONSTRADO Structural Designer’s Manual
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV3203 Design of Structures II (Steel)||DOC||PS|