Brief description of course
Analysis, design and management of production systems. Topics include productivity measurement, forecasting techniques, project planning, inventory systems, aggregate planning, master scheduling, material requirement planning, operations scheduling, and modern approaches to production management such as capacity planning and control
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify different strategies employed in production and service industries to plan production and control inventory.
- Measure the effectiveness, identify likely areas for improvement, develop and implement improved planning and control methods for production systems.
- To gain an understanding and appreciation of the fundamental principles and methodologies relevant to planning, design, operation, and control of World-Class Productive systems.
- To gain an understanding of the role and importance of productivity in the welfare of society, and learn how to increase productivity and quality for competing in today’s global marketplace.
- To reinforce analytical skills already learned, and build on these skills to further increase your “portfolio” of useful analytical tools.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MEC 4103: Production Planning and Control||DOC||PS|