The student should enter the actual work environment and not a training scheme on the sidelines. The student is attached to a firm using Civil Engineering Surveyors or Related Professionals. It is at the level of the practice courses (CES1105 & CES1205) and is for ten weeks supervised by a department staff member. The student prepares a report discussOing the training environment, lessons learnt, challenges faced and recommendations. This report has to be approved by both the training officer at the firm and the student’s supervisor and should be handed in to them before the beginning of the academic year.
By undertaking the Industrial Training programme, the student will be able to:
- · Communicate effectively with fellow workers and supervisors in issues related to projects undertaken.
- · Demonstrate and practice good working ethics and to internalize excellence.
- · Attest and practice high-quality organizational skills in enhancing individual and group effectiveness and productivity.
- · Demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving problems related to real-life projects.
- · Exhibit pleasant interpersonal skills in developing understanding and appreciation of individual differences and interpersonal skills in building self-confidence.
- · Work independently or under very minimal supervision.
- · Demonstrate good planning, good management, constant monitoring and quality delivery of project undertaken.
|CES1301 Industrial attachment I