|Name:||Dr. Nathan Kibwami|
|Designation:||Chair, Department of Construction Economics & Management|
|Department:||Department of Construction Economics & Management|
|Education:||University of Leeds|
PhD Civil (Construction Project Management) Specialising in Sustainable Construction.
The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm Sweden.
MSc. Land Management (with a major in Built Environment)
University of Dar Es Salaam
BSc (Hons) (1st Class) Building Economics
|Research Interests:||Research methods, Sustainable Construction, Construction Economics, Construction management, Climate Change studies in the built environment, Affordable housing, Real estate economics, Carbon Accounting|
|Courses Taught:||QUS 4101 Final Year Dissertation I & II|
- Wesonga, Racheal, et al. “A Comparative Analysis of Thermal Performance, Annual Energy Use, and Life Cycle Costs of Low-cost Houses Made with Mud Bricks and Earthbag Wall Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Energy and Built Environment (2021). Link
- Chikafalimani, S. H., Kibwami, N., & Moyo, S. (2021). Perceptions of academics on real estate topics in Africa. Real Estate Management and Valuation, 29(1), 30-40. Link
- Chikafalimani, S. H., Kibwami, N., & Moyo, S. (2021). Management of Facilities at Public Universities in Africa: Current Challenges and the Way Forward. Real Estate Management and Valuation, 29(1), 21-29. Link
- Manga, M., Ngobi, T. G., Okeny, L., Acheng, P., Namakula, H., Kyaterekera, E., … & Kibwami, N. (2021). The effect of household storage tanks/vessels and user practices on the quality of water: a systematic review of literature. Environmental Systems Research, 10(1), 1-26. Link
- Tutesigensi, A., Kibwami, N., & Matege, S. B. (2021). The Status of Value Management Practice on Construction Projects in Uganda and Strategies for Improvement. Journal of Construction in Developing Countries, 26(2), 251-267. Link
- Kibwami, N., Wesonga, R., Manga, M., & Mukasa, T. (2021). Strategies for Improving Quantity Surveyors’ Education Training in Uganda. International Education Studies, 14(2), 33-43. Link
- Kibwami, N. and Tutesigensi, A. 2016. Enhancing sustainable construction in the building sector in Uganda. Habitat International. 57, pp.64-73. doi:10.1016/j.habitatint.2016.06.011
- Kibwami, N. and Tutesigensi, A. 2016. Integrating clean developmentmechanism into the development approval process of buildings: A case of urban housing in Uganda. Habitat International. 53, pp.331-341. doi:10.1016/j.habitatint.2015.12.011
- Kibwami, N and Tutesigensi, A (2014) Using the literature based discovery research method in a context of built Environment research In: Raiden, A B and Aboagye-Nimo, E (Eds) Procs 30th Annual ARCOM Conference, 1-3 September 2014, Portsmouth, UK, 227-236.
- Kibwami, N and Tutesigensi, A (2014) Mathematical modelling of embodied carbon emissions of building projects In: Raiden, A B and Aboagye-Nimo, E (Eds) Procs 30th Annual ARCOM Conference, 1-3 September 2014, Portsmouth, UK, 53-62.
- Kibwami, N and Tutesigensi, A (2015) Extending the Clean Development Mechanism concept to Building Projects In: Raiden, A B and Aboagye-Nimo, E (Eds) Procs 31st Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September 2015, Lincoln, UK, 277-286.
- Kibwami, N and Tutesigensi, A (2015) Exploring the potential of accounting for embodied carbon emissions in building projects in Uganda In: Raiden, A B and Aboagye-Nimo, E (Eds) Procs 31st Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September 2015, Lincoln, UK, 327-336.
- Kibwami, N and Tutesigensi, A (2014) Developing a carbon measurement tool to promote sustainable construction In : ARCOM Doctoral Workshop on Sustainable Urban Retrofit and Technologies, 19 June, London South Bank University
- Kibwami, N and Mbuya, E (2009) Analysis of the draft policy on occupational safety and health (OSH): Tanzanian Construction Industry In: Proceedings of People in Construction, 12-14 July 2009, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 26-28.
- Best student for the academic year 2003/2004 as judged by overall performance in the BSc. Building Economics program at University of Dar es salaam.
- Best student for the academic year 2002/2003 as judged by overall performance in the BSc. Building Economics program at University of Dar es salaam.
- Commonwealth Scholarship (2012-2016)
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) scholarship (2008-2010)
- Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) government exchange program (2002-2006)
AFFILIATION TO PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Registered Quantity Surveyor, Uganda., No.166
- Fellow, Institution of Surveyors of Uganda (FISU)
- Council member, Institution of Surveyors of Uganda (ISU)
- Ex-chairman, Quantity Surveying chapter, Uganda (2011/12)