The course provides a recap of the machinery used in converting the water power to electrical power. It includes analysis of turbines, system support equipment, generators, and transformers. Aspects of running and maintenance of equipment will be addressed.
- Present all aspects of hydropower mechanical equipment from reservoirs to the power house
- Present basic designs and selection knowledge for hydro turbines
- Present basic and applied knowledge on dynamic system behavior and governor stability.
- Introduction on electrical equipment to be given.
- Give the student a deeper understanding and competence on mechanical and electrical equipment on hydropower production.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|RET 8107 Design and Maintenance of Hydropower ElectroMechanical Equipment||DOC||PS|