Total scholarship program is an on-going commitment to support national participation in the oil and gas industry through the company offering scholarships opportunities to Ugandan nationals for international recognized Master’s degrees. This makes a solid contribution to the future of Uganda as the company is investing in education and capacity building addressing both existing industry skills gaps and national capacity development and should enable Total to answer its needs in manpower.
Applicants are invited to apply for Master’s Degree scholarship leading to a career in either Drilling Engineering or Health & Safety Engineering.
Skills attained after the program
During the Masters’ Programme, the graduates will learn to:
MSc Petroleum Engineering and Project Development
- Evaluate and manage oil and gas fields.
- Design and supervise the drilling of exploration and • development wells.
- Carry out drilling optimisation programmes.
- Design, supervise, and evaluate well completion, work over and well stimulation programmes.
- Design and operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities.
- Carry out production optimisation and well performance enhancement programmes.
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary oil and gas field review and field development teams.
MSc Health & Safety Engineering
- Appreciate the regulatory framework for safety management in the industry.
- Evaluate and manage occupational risks and hazards in the industry.
- Plan, prevent and manage Fire and Explosion.
- Conduct Unsafe Acts Audits in Plants and Facilities.
- Design, supervise and evaluate safety facilities / programmes in the oil & gas industry.
- Participate effectively in multi-disciplinary project development teams.
- Handle chemical processes and avoid the toxicological effects.
- Train manpower
Duration of the program
The duration of both programs is 12 months of intensive full time study followed by on-job-training (duration to be determined).
The scholarship will cover the following:
- One return flight ticket per year.
- Student medical care.
- Accommodation at the student’s residence.
- Monthly living allowance.
- Ugandan nationality
- Below 26 years by 31/01/2013
- First Class Degree or Upper Second Class Degree in any Bachelors of Engineering
- Committed to coming back to Uganda after the scholarship program
Only candidates fulfilling the above mentioned criteria will be contacted and will go through various assessments including panel interviews, aptitude tests and technical interviews.
The final awarding of the scholarship depends entirely on the independent decision of the company and host school.
Please send a detailed CV, clearly stating your GPA and a cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this scholarship to the email below:
Include the reference number for the master’s program you are applying for in the subject of your email.
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY 1 MARCH 2013 AT 17:00HRS
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
(Do not attach other documents to your application at this stage)
Contacted candidates will be requested to provide the documents below:
- Certified copies of university transcripts
- Certified university degree certificate
- Introductory letter from your Local Council
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Total Scholarship Program 2013 Call for Applications||DOC||PS|