The study to be carried out is entitled, “The role of land use on water and carbon balances in a tropical rainforest”.
The main objective of the study is to estimate the water and carbon balances in a tropical rainforest and assess how changing land use and climate impact on them. The specific objectives include:
- Making use of various sub models for estimation of the model input parameters.
- Testing and calibrating the CoupModel to describe water and carbon systems in atropical rain forest.
- Developing a simple annual water and carbon budget for the forest catchment.
- Estimating the changes in hydrologic conditions for postulated land uses e.gdeforestation, sugarcane and palm oil plantations.
- Estimation of changes in the carbon balance for the same land use scenarios as listed above.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Martin D. Tumutungire: A Preliminary Assessment of the Effects of Land Use on the Water Yield||DOC||PS|