The College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) through the School of Built Environment, Department of Architecture and Physical Planning is going to conduct Executive Certificate of Training Courses in Public Private Partnerships – PPP.
This was revealed by the Course Team Leader Arch. Kenneth Ssemwogerere, PhD, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Architecture & Physical planning, he is also a Certified Public-Private Partnership Specialist, IP3, USA
The first training was successfully completed the course in December 2019. This initiative will help to address many goals such as eliminating extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity by enhancing the reach and quality of the delivery of basic infrastructure services
The target persons are the middle level managers in Government MDAs who are charged with carrying out the detailed preparation of documents for Government projects particularly in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs). The other group will be bundle trainings where various Organizations running PPP projects (ongoing) shall be discussed with the option of having their Project officers and teams taken on a crash program for all the critical aspects of PPPs so that to increase their knowledge base in PPPs.
The training is going to start from May 2022 to April 2023. The short course includes: Certificate in PPP Principles & Regulatory Frameworks, Certificate in PPP Inception procedures, Certificate in Feasibility studies of PPPs, Certificate in PPP Procurement, Certificate in PPP Project Finance, Certificate in PPP Agreements Management, and a Study Trip to CANADA for All students
|Course details||Confirmed Dates|
|1. Certificate in PPP Principles & Regulatory Frameworks.||2 – 13 May, 2022|
|2. Certificate in PPP Inception procedures.||27 June – 8 July 2022|
|3. Certificate in Feasibility studies of PPPs||22 Aug – 2 Sept 2022|
|4. Certificate in PPP Procurement||26 Sept – 7th Oct 2022|
|5. Certificate in PPP Project Finance||7 Nov – 18 Nov. 2022|
|6. Certificate in PPP Agreements Management||5 Dec – 16 Dec. 2022|
|7. Study Trip to CANADA for All students||23 March – 2 Apr 2023|
The certificate courses will be taught by persons who have been part of the development of some of the PPPs in the country. The facilitators below have been contacted and have confirmed their willingness to be part of this critical intervention to make sure that Ugandans are fully trained to obtain the best from the PPPs
The facilitators carefully selected to match the demands of the various certificate courses as they will be unveiled. They are a mix of government officials specialized in PPPs as well as persons with hands-on experience in practical running of PPPs projects both in Uganda and internationally
- Eng. Dr. Frank B. Sebbowa, a Certified PPP Specialist, former Executive Director, Uganda Investment Authority who also served as a Member of the Government of Uganda Public private Partnership Committee at its inception
- Dr Charles Ndandiko, a Certified PPP Specialist who has handled PPP projects as a Consultant on PPPs in several countries in Africa and rest of the world
- Mr. Kenneth S. Legesi, a Chartered Financial Analyst and head of the Deloitte Uganda team that handles all their business as consultants on PPP projects. He was at the helm of Corporate Finance of the Infrastructure Advisory services of Deloitte, Kampala office for a long time.
- Mr. Bernard Oundo, one of the few Lawyers in PPPs in Kampala. He was part of the team that crafted the PPP Act as well as the regulations. He now consults with the World Bank. He has been a local representative for Hired International consultants in PPPs.
- Dr. Kenneth Ssemwogerere, a certified PPP Specialist, Lecturer in the department of Architect (Author of the program) at the School of the Built Environment, College of Engineering Design Art & Technology, CEDAT Makerere University. He is a member of the PPP Committee representing the Academia. He is certified PPP specialist and holds PhD in Construction management.
- Dr Fred Muhumuza, Senior Economist and Leading researcher at Makerere University. He is a former advisor to the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic development, in the Government of Uganda.
- Eng Muleme Patrick – The Project officer for the Kampala Jinja express way. Holds a BSc Engineering and a MSc. Works with UNRA.