The course widens the students’ understanding and the development of building technology skills through deep coverage of the construction techniques, skills and materials used for the construction of large scale and high rise buildings.
- Appreciate the parameters to be considered in the design for fire protection in buildings.
- Understand the advantages, disadvantages and use of prefabrication, standardization and modular coordination in buildings.
- Know how the services of water and drainage, electrical, telephone and other services, fire and special services are incorporated in buildings.
- Learn the design of tall and large span buildings with emphasis on foundation, cladding, finishes and services.
- Students will also appreciate planning controls and regulations applicable to buildings.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|ARC3104 Building Technology and Services III||DOC||PS|