The course examines the links between design and the costs of building as well as more general economic issues and their significance for designers and builders. It introduces the student to the practical imperatives of the building design economics. The student is provided with basic skills of estimating the construction costs, preparation of bills of quantities and other related services handled by a quantity surveyor.
- Gain an understanding of factors influencing cost in a construction project
- Acquaint the student to the various building contracts types and their application
- Be able to prepare tender documents
- To understand how to control costs before and after construction
- Acquire skills of specifying materials and ensuring quality workmanship
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|ARC4203 Building Design Economics||DOC||PS|