Getting to grips with the language of sculpture through carrying out different exercises. Understanding and embracing the various dimensions of different sculpture processes and materials.
- To prepare a student to appreciate the tasks, challenges and responsibilities of functioning as a sculptor through:
- skills development,
- appreciating the merits and limitations of the language of sculpture,
- overcoming biases and stereotypes levelled against sculpture,
- creatively and innovatively using sculpture to deal with social concerns,
- acknowledging African Sculpture (past and present),
- help students to plan and organise their exercises (projects)
- recognising a successful and a weak sculpture.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Sculpture And Modelling I IFA 1220||DOC||PS|