This course is designed to review the fundamentals and practices of water resources engineering. Students explore water resources engineering processes in the theoretical and applied area in the fields of closed conduit (pipe) flow, open channel flow, surface water hydrology, water quality analyses, and groundwater flow. The water resources engineering curriculum is designed to prepare interested students for future careers in water supply, wastewater, floodplain, storm water, and groundwater management.
- To learn about water resources planning and consider Case Studies.
- To learn about flood mitigation and flood routing.
- To learn about hydrological modelling using deterministic and stochastic methods.
- To learn about the occurrence of groundwater and to simulate different situations.
- To learn about rural water supply and sanitation in Uganda.
- To learn about water resources management in Uganda.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV 3204 Water Resources Engineering I||DOC||PS|