In this course, students are trained to acquire knowledge and skills in assessment of soils for suitability as engineering materials. It covers aspects on analysis of soil response to loading, flow of water in soils and its effects, soil supporting capacity and stability, soil explorations in the field and other theories relevant to soil behaviour.
- Provide an understanding of the physical properties of soils and its classification
- Enable students to assess soil supporting capability for applied loads
- Enable students to analyse stresses and strains imparted by applied loads
- Introduces students to assessment of soil compressibility in relation to loading
- Train students on how to conduct investigations of soils in the laboratory and in the field
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV2201 Soil Mechanics||DOC||PS|