This course deals with the process of constructing a residence or commercial building involving mainly planning, environment and other aspects. It discusses the fundamentals of structures and building design, typical construction materials, procedures and methods, construction management and various aspects considered during the construction process.
- To comprehensively discuss the process of domestic construction from foundation to finish.
- To emphasise the various forms, concepts and processes involved in building construction.
- To develop the students’ knowledge and skills in appraising and designing site layouts, and developing adequate organisational schedules of works.
- To enable the student grasp the importance and means of quality control of materials and workmanship for any building project.
- To promote the awareness of various types of sub-structural and super-structural building systems, and their selection criteria.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV3105 Construction Technology||DOC||PS|