This course is intended to make students appreciate the advanced statistical methods and systems approach in the analysis and design of hydrologic problems. Urban runoff models will be used to develop storm water management systems. Climate systems will be modelled and projected changes, with their impacts and mitigation measures discussed. Models for water quality will also be discussed.
- To learn about advanced statistical methods in the estimation and prediction of hydrologic variables
- To learn about the systems approach in analyzing and forecasting hydrologic variables.
- To learn about runoff models in urban hydrology and their applications.
- To learn about climate change through the modelling of the climate system
- To learn about water quality modeling and solute transport.
|CIV4106 Hydrology II