Brief Course Description
The purpose of the course is to help students to understand the basics of computer software and hardware systems. In addition the course gives basics of programming languages and enables the students to use the applications software. To introduce the use of software applications in problems solving and information storage and retrieval as well as the principles of well‐structured programming using C.
- By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Have an overview of and know computer architecture, computer systems and applications and systems software.
- Familiar with the characteristics and purpose of all the major subunits in a computer system
- Understand the sequence of internal events as a computer executes an instruction.
- Understand the conventions of representing data and instructions within a computer’s memory.
- Use Windows and QuickBasic effectively.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CMP1103 INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY||DOC||PS|