Brief Description of Course:
This course introduces the concepts and techniques employed in the design and development of products. It covers design basics, methods, approaches and tools. It involves students working in groups to go through the process of designing a product.
Objectives of the Course:
The objectives of this course are:
- To give a broad introduction theory and application of design principles to any new product development
- Familiarize the students with the concepts, techniques, tools, general approach to a design problem.
- To obtain an understanding of the relationship between materials selection and designing for optimum performance.
- Equip students with the skills required to produce documentation pertaining to a product design
- To enable students appreciate the use of computer technologies in product design.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MEC 3203: Product Design and Development||DOC||PS|