Brief Description of Course:
This course deals with how technologies have altered the fabric of society. It crosses disciplines and academic traditions with an open mind, curiosity, and willingness to engage in fun. The course arouses analytical thinking about everyday technologies affecting our life. It therefore examines how engineers, scientists, humanists, social scientists, and artists work together in their respective professions.
Objectives of the Course:
The course is intended to:
- Explore the social and cultural impact of engineering innovations.
- Discuss how technology shapes culture and how culture shapes technology.
- Teach how human behavior affects design decisions within engineering.
- Demonstrate that values are embedded within technology.
- Show international focus on specific technologies
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|TEC 2101 SOCIOLOGY FOR TECHNOLOGISTS||DOC||PS|