This course is a continuation of the first semester course, but at the first three stages of a project. The students are now familiar with the project types. They have now to recognise the field data needed by the Civil Engineer for the feasibility study, the preliminary design and the final design. Students are encouraged to read up on what interests them in Civil Engineering topics. The Engineer gives his/her view in class, the Surveyor shows examples in the field, and then the students must observe and explore for themselves.
- The purpose of this course is to explain by the Civil Engineer what common field data he/she needs at these stages of projects
- To draw from the student what common field data would be needed by the Civil Engineer
- To give the student the opportunity of verifying his/her data list on visits to sites
- It trains in greater discernment of field data and site identification
- Safety is stressed both for the students and for others.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CES1202 Reading the Field (feasibility, preliminary and final design)||DOC||PS|