The law protects everyone, including the Civil Engineering Surveyor and those with whom he/she deals in pursuance of his/her professional duties. The student learns to appreciate the law that protects him/her, and what his/her rights and duties are under the law. He/she will be guided as to how to conduct him/herself in court as a professional.
- Surveys are conducted under contract, so he/she needs to know contract law Surveyors work in public places, so he/she needs to know the law of tort
- Surveyors may work on private land and so needs to know his/her legal relationship with the land
- owner and tenants, and anyone who has rights over the land Surveyors employ labour, so they need to know the labour laws
- Surveyors work in companies or partnerships, so need to know the legalities of such establishments
- Surveyors need to know the laws that govern Civil Engineering projects
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CES2207 Law for Civil Engineering Surveyors||DOC||PS|