The learner is given a thorough grounding in the discipline intended to prepare them for a variety of ceramics advanced careers. Students are encouraged to develop a well-rounded education, and various approaches to making advanced ceramics, whether vessel, sculptural or experimental. Individual studies in the calculation of glaze formulae, body engobes, advanced clay bodies, testing materials and ceramics laboratory techniques. Surface glaze experiences and experimentations, creation of new forms, working with tested raw materials, effects of firing temperatures, changes in the kiln chamber on clay bodies.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- To prepare a student for and advanced career in the ceramic management, design and ceramic production.
- To engage learners on ceramic projects, design and ceramic material development.
- To equip learners with the ideologies and leadership in the improvement and creation of ceramic products.
- To handle and warrant the advancement of ceramic data, so as to improve visibility and new ceramics spaces and systems.
- To develop learners who can use ceramics as a medium of expression both on the local and international discourse
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MAF 7243 Independent Study- Ceramics II||DOC||PS|