Uganda Gatsby Trust, an organization birthed out of CEDAT is currently looking to hire a Business Development Manager.
Uganda Gatsby Trust (UGT) was founded in 1994, with the financial and technical support of Gatsby Charitable foundation (GCF) of Great Britain. Since it was founded, UGT has established and maintained a special relationship with Makerere University, specifically through the then Faculty of Technology, now Makerere University College of Engineering, Design and Technology (CEDAT). This has been an enduring relationship and today, UGT maintains its main office at CEDAT. UGT is governed by a Board of Trustees who include the Vice Chancellor, Makerere University, the Principal CEDAT and two three members of the private sector.
Key Performance Indicators
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, designing and coordinating the implementation of revenue generating projects, in line with the UGT mandate and to ensure UGT’s financial sustainability.
The scope of work is, but not limited to:
- Review, enhance, and coordinate implementation of on-going UGT initiatives.
- Initiate, design, and present project proposals to UGT Board for their consideration and endorsement.
- Ensure implementation of approved projects.
- Develop criteria for recruiting expert resources associates that UGT can call upon to support project implementation and maintain a database of such experts.
- Monitor performance of all projects and report progress to the UGT Board on a quarterly basis or more frequently as the Board may desire.
- Ensure revenue growth and positive cash flows as a means of sustaining UGT
- Contribute to effective UGT management and maintenance of good relations with UGT partners.
- Competence and Capability
A mature and experienced individual with capacity for project conception, initiation, planning, execution and performance monitoring
- Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A good first degree in Engineering, Law, Economics, Business Administration or similar qualifications
- Prior experience of project coordination, planning, and management
- Prior consultancy or research work, preferably with a training institution
- Good communication and networking skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, in the uncertain Covid-19 impacted economic environment
- Good written and spoken English is a pre-requisite
Interested qualifying candidates should submit HARD COPIES of application letters, with full CV and copies of academic certificates/testimonials to the UGT Secretariat, College of Engineering, Design and Technology (CEDAT) Annex (former Accounts office), Makerere University.
Date of Submission:
2nd November, 2020, before 4 pm Ugandan time.
For more details on the job and application procedure, please download the attachment below:
|Attachment Description||File Type|
|Job Alert: Business Development Manager Needed at Uganda Gatsby Trust|