Basic elements and organization of forms based on principles of design. The making of chiaroscuro in the different expressions in design, in both two and three dimension as related to design. The use of black and white for graphic composition and presentation Prerequisite: None.
The student will be able to:
- Employ design theories through readings, tests and technical projects.
- Demonstrate a basic verbal and technical understanding of design elements and rules:
- Elements: points and lines, shape, texture, space (3D), time and motion, value and color theory. Rules: unity and harmony, balance, scale and proportion, contrast and emphasis, and rhythm.
- Identify and analyze contemporary and historical practitioners who employ design elements and techniques in their work.
- Create visual outcomes to design problems with independent solutions and professional presentation.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|IFA 1102: Design I-Black and White||DOC||PS|