This course will involve emphasis on painting concepts, images and development of personal insights in oil painting related to individuality and expression. Individual creative expression focusing on growth and mastery in the use of non-conventional materials with emphasis on use of mixed techniques and materials will be undertaken. This course outline will in particular take care of oil colour; its conduct, properties, techniques of expression vis-a-vis execution and application on particular surfaces. Other materials in the line of (mixed media) may be used with oil paint. The pre-requisite will be an earlier exposure of the student to IFA 2106 which involves the basic materials of oil colour and acrylic.
The objectives of the course will include:
- Studio experimentation in the use of individual selected themes; oil colour, acrylique and mixed media; based on e.g. social, cultural, political and philosophical, concerns, with emphasis to the design process or sketches; conceptualization of painterly ideas and message conveyance; techniques and individual expression.
- surfaces/surface manipulation
- use of grounds
- under coating different surfaces
- media’s of over painting
- exploration of techniques with materials and surfaces
- Generation and development of themes and topics
- Pictorial expression; content analysis; styles and concepts
- Planning for large, medium and small size compositions on formats
- planning for murals, frescoes, coloured reliefs and special approaches to sketching for the above
- Focused practical use of painting using oil paint/acrylic vis-a-vis turpentine, paraffin, spirits, linseed oil, varnishes, binders and water.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|Oil Painting II IFA 2205||DOC||PS|