This course considers the status and operation of public infrastructure facilities generally, with particular attention to the responsibilities and roles of public works engineers. It explores the relationships between the engineering, administrative (managerial and economic) and political aspects of public works management. It focuses on critical infrastructural issues like diagnosis, analysis and repair of civil infrastructure.
- Inculcate a maintenance culture in future engineers
- Understand the techniques for monitoring the quality of construction of infrastructure
- Know the characteristics and how to use some tools to evaluate the condition or state of infrastructure
- Know how to reduce problems of construction and maintenance on infrastructure
- Analyse and evaluate measures for rehabilitation of infrastructure like roads, building, bridges, drainage systems, and others
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|CIV4102 Civil Engineering Infrastructure Maintenance||DOC||PS|