The course is designed to help students understand the concepts of electrical generation, transmission, distribution and usage, electrical drives, electrical instrumentation and measurements in relation to industrial applications. The course examines how Mechanical Engineers can understand and handle electrical engineering problems which they come across within their operational areas.
- Appreciate the relevance of course to Mechanical Engineers.
- Gain thorough knowledge on the science behind the constructional features of electro-mechanical machines.
- Able to specify the most suited machines for given applications.
- Explain various parameters that affect (and how they affect) different output variables of electro-mechanical machines.
- Practically test the serviceability of electro-mechanical machines and evaluate their efficiency.
- Provide a comprehensive comparison of group and individual electric drives, the mounting for different drives and motor enclosures for drives.
|Attachment Name||Attachment Type|
|MEC 2201 Electrical Engineering for Mechanical Engineers||DOC||PS|